Professional advice will be required should you wish to relocate yourself and your pets. You will need a professional with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience to enable you to get through this daunting task of organising the smooth relocation for both you and your pets. Things such as required blood tests, microchips, vaccination booklets as well as the date planning of everything required to be done. So much needs to be organised and completed, such as liasing with authorities, import permits, customs clearance documents, health certificates, air waybills, veterinarians as well as destination agents to conclude all documentation required to effectively transport your pet safely and without problems.

You will need to Google specific requirements for the different states and airlines before travelling. Here you will find listed which health certificates will be required (as well as when they need to be issued), for your pets by major airlines, both in the US as well as internationally. As this information becomes rapidly outdated, make sure that you read up on the airline’s current rules before making any further plans.

As the regulations and rules differ for all countries, you may only enter the US with your pet if you have a certificate from a veterinarian confirming that your pet has had the required vaccinations and is healthy.

For example, cats, dogs and ferrets are not allowed to enter Spain if they have not received a vaccination against rabies. They have to wait a required twenty-one days after receiving the vaccination (as well as having to be twelve weeks old before being vaccinated), before they may enter Spain. The health certificate for the EU supplied by a USDA Accredited Vet will be valid for up to four months for travelling in the EU just so long as the vaccination for rabies shown on it has not expired.

To ensure that both diseases as well as species that are invasive are kept out of countries, they all have their own regulations governing any live imports. Vaccinations as well as official proof that your animal is healthy is required by all countries before allowing it entry. Certain of these countries need a health certificate that has been specifically developed by themselves.

An appointment will need to be made with your vet within ten days of your pet travelling to confirm that your pet is safe to fly as well as to get a health certificate for travel (no need to worry as your vet has had these requests before). Generally, all airlines that are pet friendly will require that you show this certificate at the cargo check-in. Certain airlines also need the certificate for cabin travel as well. Note that this certificate has to be dated not earlier than ten days prior to the trip.

Once at the entry port, dogs and cats can show no symptoms of diseases that could be communicable to humans. Should there be evidence that the animal is in poor health, it is possible that you will be informed that your pet will have to be seen by a vet who is licenced and this would be for your own expense.

Health Certificates For Pet Travel